Rules for Rulers

A commentary on the Constitution, the 2nd Ammendment and life in general.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Me and My M1A - Range Report

I went with my brother to the club that I joined two years ago up in Escondido, CA. I wanted to try out my M1A/M14 and some "new" Argentine Surplus 7.62 ammo. I also wanted to sight in my Eotech 552. Both were great. The Argentine ammo was excellent and seemed to be more accurate than the Australian surplus that's been going around, at least from the bench. I shot consistently low and to the right with the Eotech at 50 yards. Time ran out and I could not calibrate it out completely. The groups were 2 to 3 inches consistently at 50 yards.

We also shot with iron sites out at 100 yards. I'm always amazed how accurate the rifle is when I can barely see the target. I'll take my camera out next time and get some pics.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Scott postulated...

Thanks. The cheesecake book looks very interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degree